This grainless granola is easy to make, full of flavor, and naturally gluten and grain free. You can enjoy this as a cereal with your favorite milk, on top of yogurt, or just by the handful. Unlike typical granola, this one is full of healthy fats and protein, making it a perfect snack or meal. The variety I made today contains coconut and dried wild blueberries, which is one of my favorite ways to enjoy this recipe, but it can be modified to your liking. Whether you have an allergy or just prefer different fruits or nuts, the possibilities are endless. Get creative! I suggest using any variety of raw nuts or seeds and adding one or two dried fruits.
Today, I went with raw almonds, cashews, and walnuts. You can put them in a food processor to chop them into smaller pieces or just use a chopping knife, as I did. Combine all your nuts and seeds into a large bowl and then pour the warmed coconut oil, maple, and cinnamon mixture into the nuts. Mix all around until fully coated and then spread the mixture on a lined baking sheet.
Cook the nuts for 15-20 minutes on 275 degrees, making sure to stir them every 5 minutes or so to prevent burning. Once the nuts are cooked to a golden brown and fragrant, take the pan out and add and stir in the fruit and coconut chips to the warm nut mixture.
Let the granola set and cool for 20 minutes or so before serving. This can be stored in a air tight bag or jar for easy snacking.
Blueberry Coconut Grainless Granola
1/2 cup raw almonds
1/2 cup raw cashews
1/2 cup raw walnuts
1/2 cup raw sunflower seeds
1/2 cup unsweetened coconut chips
1/3 cup dried blueberries (or any other dried fruit)
1/4 cup coconut oil
1/4 cup pure maple syrup (or raw honey)
1/2 tsp cinnamon
1/2 tsp almond extract (or vanilla)
dash sea salt
- Preheat oven to 275 degrees.
- Chop all your nuts in food processor or with chopping knife and add with seeds into a large mixing bowl.
- In a sauce pan combine and warm coconut oil, maple syrup, cinnamon, almond extract, and salt (or heat in the microwave)
- Once warmed and combined, pour the maple-oil over the chopped nuts and stir to fully coat nuts and seeds.
- Pour mixture onto a lined baking sheet and spread evenly.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes, stirring every 5 minutes or so to prevent burning. Once the mixture is fragrant and golden brown, remove from oven.
- Immediately add blueberries and coconut to the warm nut mixture on the baking sheet and stir. Spread everything out again and let cool 20 minutes before serving.
- Store in an air tight container and enjoy!